The Department for Culture, Media and Sport wishes to appoint seven Trustees to the Theatres Trust board. The criteria applicable to all seven appointments are as follows:
• An understanding of and interest in the aims and objectives of Theatres Trust as the national advisory public body for theatres
• Able to facilitate communication between Theatres Trust, Government Ministers, the UK Parliament and the devolved administrations
• An understanding of and commitment to artistic and cultural landscape
• An advocate for Theatres Trust with an ability to actively promote its work to wider networks
• Committed to promoting cultural diversity and equality
More details here…
Birmingham Conservation Trust is recruiting several new trustees to join its Board and lead the Trust into the next three to six years of its strategic programme.
Amongst the trustee roles, the Trust is seeking a treasurer, a chair of the management committee of the multiple-award winning Coffin Works museum, and trustees with fundraising experience. For those with the right qualities, this is an extraordinary opportunity to shape the direction of the trust and build the support and partnerships needed to secure sustainable and imaginative new futures for Birmingham’s endangered historic buildings.
For more information, and to receive a briefing pack, please contact Simon Buteux on
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 2334785 / 07973 498013.
Closing date for applications: 15 July 2016.
Appointment of Members to the Board
Scottish Ministers are looking to appoint up to two Members to the Board of Historic Environment Scotland (HES).
HES is the new lead organisation for the historic environment in Scotland. A new public body which is also a registered Scottish charity, HES role is to investigate, care for and promote Scotland’s historic environment and to manage its collections as a national resource for reference, study and research.
As the successor to Historic Scotland, HES is one of the major operators of visitor attractions in Scotland, including Edinburgh and Stirling Castles. HES has a subsidiary trading company, HES Enterprises. HES also has responsibilities as a regulator and as a grant distributor, as well as an important role in promoting the development of skills , both traditional and modern.
More information on HES , including the new Corporate plan , can be found on its website here.
We are seeking applications specifically from people with experience of finance, audit and risk who want to contribute to the development of this new organisation and feel they have the skills required.
This appointment will be for up to four years.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1 July 2016.
We’re looking for a few more trustees to join our small, but dedicated volunteer Tithe Barn Trust team. Amongst us we already have Heritage Management, Agricultural, Community Liaison and Financial experience. However, we also need an Architect, Historic Building Surveyor and Project Manager. We’re a not for profit volunteer group aiming to save and sympathetically restore the 16th Century Grade II listed Tithe Barn, in Landbeach, for community use. We have begun the process to become a registered charity. Our vision is to: Work for a vibrant, diverse and sustainable future of the Tithe Barn and its surroundings to safeguard their unique heritage features for the benefit and enjoyment of local people.
Email email@example.com or phone James, our Chair, on 07958 389713.
In addition, to the responsibilities common to all Trustees, the Trustee for Wales is:
• a Deputy Chair of the Board (along with the Trustees for Scotland and for Northern Ireland)
• the Chair of the Committee for Wales and has particular responsibility for representing NHMF/HLF in Wales and for representing the interests of Wales at the Board. The successful appointee will be required to actively engage with stakeholders in the heritage and cultural sectors in Wales and with the Welsh Government.
Average of at least five days per month, plus time to read the necessary papers.
Deadline: 9 Nov 2015