The awards are for building conversions that strike that tricky balance between the practicality of their new function and the readability of their old. Projects that demonstrate a viable and sustainable long-term use for buildings at risk are particularly encouraged to apply. There are two award categories:
Assessment criteria include
- The re-use needs to be appropriate and viable
- New work should be distinguishable from the original without detracting from it
- Weight will given to the survival, re-use or retention of features, and interpretation should be provided if it helps the understanding of the building where the original function is not self-evident
- There should be some evidence of attention to energy efficiency in the conversion
- There should be a future maintenance programme.
The deadline for submissions in 31 May 2017.
More information about the awards, including the assessment criteria and a downloadable application form, can be found here